Maine Employee Discrimination Attorneys
Discrimination ● Harassment ● Wrongful Termination
State and federal laws prohibit employers from harassing and discriminating against employees on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion and country of national origin. If you have suffered as a result of wrongful termination, harassment or discrimination, the experienced Maine employee discrimination lawyers at our law firm can help.
At Reben, Benjamin & March, we provide experienced and dedicated legal representation on behalf of employees. We are pleased to offer a free telephone consultation to discuss your legal options and rights. To schedule your consultation with an employment law attorney at our law firm, call us toll free at 877-413-0861 | 800-622-7911 or at (207) 874-4771.
Selected for inclusion in "Best Lawyers in America"* in the area of labor law
Our Maine employee discrimination lawyers are well-respected for their experience in employment and labor law. In fact, attorney Howard T. Reben has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America* for more than 20 years.
Are You a Victim of Workplace Discrimination?
Based in Portland, Maine, our employee discrimination lawyers handle a wide range of employment discrimination matters, including:
- Age discrimination
- Racial discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Gender discrimination and sexual harassment
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Unlawful retaliation and whistleblower claims
- Discrimination based on a person's country of national origin
- Claims under the Maine Human Rights Act
- Claims under the ADA, ADEA, Title VII and other federal laws
- Sexual harassment against women or men
Wrongful Termination Lawyers in Portland, Maine
Do you believe you were fired for an unlawful reason? Our wrongful termination attorneys can investigate your case to determine if you are entitled to recover damages — including severance pay — for wrongful termination. We handle wrongful discharge suits involving:
- Termination on account of race, gender, religious viewpoints, age, disability, sexual orientation or another protected classification
- Termination for requesting an accommodation
- Retaliation for bringing a discrimination claim or whistleblower claim
- Medical leave/Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave
- Constructive termination
- Other unlawful actions by employers
The Maine employee discrimination lawyers at our law firm are experienced negotiators and trial lawyers who will work tirelessly on your behalf. For example, a highly compensated executive was terminated for alleged insubordination. We charged at the Maine Human Rights Commission that he was fired for whistleblowing about unlawful practices by the company. We secured $275,000 in this dispute.
The attorney you choose will have a significant bearing on the outcome of your case. You want an employee rights attorney with the experience, knowledge and dedication to handle your case in the most effective manner possible.
If you have suffered as a result of harassment or discrimination in the workplace, or you believe you were wrongfully terminated from your position, we encourage you to contact an attorney at our firm for assistance.
Contact Our Law Firm
To schedule a free telephone consultation with an employment law attorney at our Portland law office, contact us toll free at 877-413-0861 | 800-622-7911 or call (207) 874-4771, or contact us by e-mail.
* The Best Lawyers in America® 2011. Copyright 2010 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC